Dean of Students
To foster excellence in the provision of equitable welfare services to students.
To provide efficient and quality students’ welfare services, create an environment that proactively anticipates and meets the diverse students’ needs effectively and in a timely manner.
Dean of students office is primarily concerned with students’ welfare. The students’ welfare department plays a vital role in the sustenance of the University. The department, therefore, has a major responsibility to ensure stability of the institution through delivery of the necessary welfare services to students. The office coordinates all activities that affect student welfare, handling all matters related to Meru University Students Organization, students conduct and discipline.
Administration and the students
The specific objectives are to:
- Maintain a high level of discipline and inculcate good habits among students by cultivating proper discipline and correct attitude that will be useful for the development of the nation.
- Offer and strengthen the counseling services.
- Strengthen students’ governance structures.
- Continue improving the resources and services given to students.
- Facilitate students’ participation in co-curricular activities
- Liaise with the health unit on the progress of sick students, and inform management and the parents as need arises.
- Identify and assist students with different needs.
- Facilitate and monitor operations of professional clubs and welfare associations in the student community